Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Transition to Missionary!

( Luella wrote "Lastly, I read your last letter about you asking for commitments! And that the gentleman said yes!" )  Justin said;
Love you mom!  Oh and that gentle man is verry interesting..... he comes to church in a kilt.... A KILT!!! lol like full on kilt boots Theodora and  vest lol. He is built like uncle Rob.
my daily schedule is usually: 
6:00 a.m. wake up every morning because i have to pee and hate myself because i have to get up at 6:30 and cant get back to sleep.
6:30 get out of bed and eat
7:00 personal study
8:00 companion study
9:00 work out
9:30 shower shave Ect.
10:00 12 week training
11:00 lunch 
then the rest of the day is proselyting/lessons.
9:30 planning 
10 journal
10:30 Sleep
UGH!!! hahaha long days.
there are no set lessons to teach the investigators we have 5 basic lessons and then teach them however we need to.
we use companion study to plan what we are going to teach and role-play how it will go and practice. it gets pretty funny sometimes.
P days basically consist of just shopping and haircuts and E-mail. that's about it. there isn't allot of time for anything else. but we do play a little b-ball every now and then.
[Rachel and I] are getting better at the separation and know it will get better and i think we are growing stronger if anything. gosh sometimes i wish i cold have like 5 minutes on the phone every night just to talk to people. it would be such a breeze for me just to hear a friendly voice and know things are ok and boost confidence you know. oh well that'll never happen.
i heard about a Johnny that died i guess. it doesn't really bother me but i would like to know which Johnny it was. johnny wooden? or one of my friends from school? i would just like to know. one thing i have learned from teaching the lessons and the gospel is that any separation is only temporary. his plan is an ETERNAL plan. now that i have realized this in know how small this 2 years is vs an eternity with my family loved ones friends and especially Rachel. separation is always temporary in this plan. Though painful for a time all things will be brought together once again acording the the rightuous desires of our heart.
I love you so much mom and dad
I love you Nathan.... you can do it "When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things." 1 Corinthians 13:11 My brother you can do hard things. i am far away serving the lord. You are now the eldest son of the home. now is the time for you to step up to the plate and fill my shoes and become the man i know you can be and help mom and dad in all things. I know you can do it.
Brandon I know you can as well become a help to the family. you will never ever remember all the times you beat a video game. those things are fun in moderation. but the true things you will always remember is the time you spend with family. I want both of you to step up and become even better and stronger sons than i was and be there to help EVERYONE in the family and area. "And behold, I tell you these things that ye may learn wisdom; that ye may learn that when ye are in the service of your fellow beings ye are only in the service of your God." Mosiah 2:17
Now my brothers Go and Do. Joy in family and love and righteousness.
Love you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment